My name is John Baldwin and I am a senior at SPHS. I enjoy basketball and pretending Miatas are real-sized cars. I hope to attend either the United States Naval Academy or Purdue.
My name is Frank Monterrosa. I am a senior at South Plantation High. I love going to the gym and playing chess. I have done a lot for my school and hope to attend Columbia engineering school or the University of Florida.
My name is Bryan Blitman and I am a senior at South plantation High School. I enjoy going to the gym and playing video games with my spare time. I hope to attend UF or USF
I am Joseph Avery. I am a señor at South Plantation High. I am a tutor for Mu Alpha Theta and a member of the MMA club. I want to attend USF or the University of Florida.
Bryan William Blitman
John DOyle Baldwin IV
Joseph Benjamin Avery
August 28th, 2017
Today we paired up with another team to share a storage cart and dismantled all of the components that we created last year for parts.
August 30th, 2017
Today, we assembled the chassis of our magnificent robot. The chassis is very complex and well thought out by our team members. Solidworks was started and will soon be up to date on our robot.
September 1, 2017
Today we starting constructing the arm of the robot and continued on the solidworks. The robot had a design flaw that we had to repair
Today we started to assemble the wheels and motors onto our robot. We are starting to code the robot to move and catch up
September 18, 2017
Today Joe has began to work on the revised solid works due to complications with our robot. Our chassis has been programmed to move in all directions and will be fully functional.
September 20, 2017
September 22, 2017
Today we implemented a lifting system that did not work so we are now making a new one. Hopefully this arm will be a better fit
September 25, 2017
We have completed our first task of the day which was to design a well working arm. We have decided to use two vex claws that will have a bending wrist (elbow) that will allow us to easily function and pick up the cones.
September 27, 2017
We are beginning our assembly of our robots complete design. If everything goes to plan we will have an efficient and fully functioning robot.
September 29, 2017
We continued the construction of our robot and are one step closer to a fully functional robot. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and this can be our final form of our robot.
October 5, 2017
Today we continued on the construction of our robot as well as our solid works. We also ordered new parts that are needed for our robot
October 13, 2017
Today we connected the claw to the motors that will lift it up and down. This is a slow and complicated process because it has to be perfect. Solid works is also coming along nicely.
October 16, 2017
Today we improved the shoulder of our robot by adding gears that will help move the claws. We continued to work on solid works and will have it completed by the decided date.
October 19, 2017
October 25, 2017
We had some technical difficulties with our robot that will lead to our demise. This will not stop us from trying to succeed. Oh well. Here is solid works
OCTOBER 23, 2017
We made a lot of progress with our robot but are having problems with some motors. The arm that holds our claw will not raise due to issues with the torque
October 27, 2017
The design of our robot had many flaws and cost us our grade. We are preparing a new smaller robot that will hopefully be what we need to succeed.
October 29, 2017
Today we have begun our assembly of the new and improved robot. Hopefully this robot will work and help us complete our task.
October 31, 2017
Today we began our coding for the competition. This includes assembling our motor controllers to create the most efficient wire setup.
November 2, 2017
We are putting our final touches on our robot to make it the best it can be and testing it on the field. The chassis was shortened to prevent the tires from shaking
November 6, 2017
We completed our robot and began the testing. We can stack cones but it is very slow so we have to improve our driving skills.
November 8 , 2017
We have improved our robot driving skills but cannot seem to reach our full potential. More practicing today
November 10 , 2017
We had to disassemble our robot due to complications with the speed of stacking cones. Hopefully this will be our last time restarting
November 14 , 2017
We have begun the creation of our final robot and will soon see the finished product that will lead us to maximum cone stacking
November 16 , 2017
Our robot is complete and we practiced a few times with it... After our practice we did our official run.
November 17, 2017
November 20 , 2017
We have recvieved our next challenge and are brainstorming ideas to efficiently complete it. This is a tough task but I think we can do it. Our main goal is to design a robot that can lift the mobile goal to the second goal. Our current design will have to be modified to complete this challenge.
November 27 , 2017
We have come up with a plan to use a hook system to lift the front of the cone. This will allow us to push it over the pipe into the goal. This hook is free moving and will have to be perfectly timed to grab the mobile goal. This may sound like a risky design but I think it will be just enough to get what we want.
For the rest of the blogs scroll to the top and hover over home and click on the drop down menu that says blogs Thanks